- Age: 35 (Aug. 2007)
- reported to SHAPE with knee ligament injury
- wanted to rehabilitate this injury and increase functional ability
- wanted to lose weight and SHAPE-up
- Lose weight
- Decrease body fat and tone-up
- Strengthen knees
- Increase functional ability
- Increase cardiovascular strength
SHAPE Treatment Plan
- Full body, integrated approach to functionally improve physical ability, increase strength and lose body fat.
- High Performance Personal Training - 3 sessions per week
- Day 1 – Full Body Functional Movement Strength Training
- Day 2 – Cardiovascular/Core Training
- Day 3 – Circuit Training
- SHAPE monitored home training and cardiovascular program 2 days a week.
- SHAPE massage therapy treatment every 2 weeks
SHAPE High Performance Personal Training Program:
|Day 1 - Full Body Functional Movement Strength Training|
|Day 2 -Cardiovascular/Core Training|
|Day 3 - Full Body Circuit Training|
Bonnie's Results/Fitness Testing ... after just 6 weeks, 17 sessions
||Aug 03/07||Sept 11/07
|Plank Training (core strength)
|Crunches (core strength)
|Bird Dog Max. Time
|Leg Press (1 rep max)||190 lbs.||260 lbs.|
|Chest Press (1 rep max)||40 lbs.||50 lbs.|
|Step-Ups (anaerobic power)||41 total||61 total|
|Treadmill Incline Walk (cardiovascular)
|Treadmill Run (anaerobic)||1:06||2:02|
|Elliptical (aerobic training)||5:03||6:00|
||Aug 03/07|| Sept 11/07
I ruptured my ACL last year and began 8 months of physiotherapy. I was not satisfied with my progress, nor was the surgeon who suggested I try more active therapy. I chose SHAPE Health and Wellness Centres.
When I came to SHAPE, I was using a knee brace and a cane and my goal was firstly, to find an alternative to surgery through physical therapy and, secondly, to increase muscle strength in preparation for possible surgery. Michael developed and facilitated a rehabilitation program for my knee. The rehab was going so well that I added new goals: weight loss and reducing the need for pain medication.
Each session, Mike greeted me with enthusiasm and excitement. He discovered my limits and encouraged me to work hard to surpass my current abilities and set new limits. In just a short time, I have lost weight and feel much stronger. In addition, I have not needed to take any pain medication. Mike’s smile and his ability to inspire is his gift to his clients.
Thank you Mike and the entire team at SHAPE Health and Wellness Centres, for my success would not be possible without you.