- 30 year old female (2007)
- came to SHAPE with extreme bouts of low back pain, having injured her back over 5 years ago & exhausted all other rehabilitation & health care options
- functional movement evaluation revealed that Jenny’s low back pain was partially due to poor core stability
- Jenny wanted to get back to athletics & regain her pre-injury fitness level
- reduce back pain
- increase core muscular endurance & conditioning
- improve body composition, health & well being
- chiropractic therapy during initial sessions to evaluate her neuromusculoskeletal system & develop a personalized strength & conditioning program
- High Performance Personal Training twice a week in conjunction with & Integrated Training Home Program for endurance & cardiovascular training
- home exercises specifically to enhance core stability
|Day 1 - Full Body Endurance Training|
|Day 2 - Muscular Circuit Strength Training|
This summer, after the prodding of another SHAPE client and success story, I made a very significant decision – to train twice a week at SHAPE. My goal was to eliminate hip and back pain, pain which surfaced five years ago when I flew off steps during a freezing rainstorm.
Shawn gave me exercises to do on my own and then Sender started training me. After a few sessions, Sender passed me on to Mike who has been, as I joke with my husband, the next best thing since my husband. I say that only insofar as Mike has made it his mission to restore me to my former athletic and pain-free self.
With Mike’s coaching, my pain has significantly reduced and my physical endurance has dramatically improved. Mike is undoubtedly a rare combination: his wholehearted dedication, infectious enthusiasm, positive energy, and relentless passion have made training with him enjoyable. I always look forward to my workout sessions with him, despite their gruelling intensity. I especially relish the euphoria that follows.
Mike’s dedication goes beyond the gym. When I went on a vacation this summer, he gave me a training program so I would not lose any of the gains I had made under his instruction. I look forward to future gains and am confident that with Mike’s training, my pain will be entirely eliminated.
|Jenny’s Results/Fitness Testing ** After just 6 weeks, 11 Sessions|
||Aug. 1/07||Sept. 16/07|
|Plank Training (Core Endurance Strength)||1:10||2:03|
|Left Side Plank||1:01||1:31|
|Right Side Plank||0:57||1:33|
|Crunches (Abdominal Endurance)||55||77|
|Cross Crawl (Back Extensor Endurance)||2:01||2:58|
|Squat *10 Rep Max||65lbs||95 lbs|
|Chest Dumbell Press *10 Rep. Max||50 lbs||60 lbs|
|Overhand Pull up *10 Rep. Max.||37 lbs||47 lbs|
|Body Composition||Aug 1/07||Sept. 16/07|
|Weight||136 lbs||137 lbs|